Sunday 15 November 2015

Memories :)

A few days ago I found on YouTube several combinations of songs which were hits in the nineties or the noughties... and they made me start thinking about my childhood and my idols of these good old days, which was actually very funny :)

I remember that I was a fan of Britney Spears, I wanted to look like J.Lo and I fell in love with Justin Timberlake! The list is much longer but these names crossed my mind as first.
I also admired polish stars, especially Natalia Kukulska, because of her voice and her long curly hair (which I was jealous of because it's the exact contrast of mine).

And of course all the walls in my room were hung with posters with celebrities! 

I really can't believe that so many years have already passed since these days! However, a lot of these songs are still present now - they are used in films or publicities, they are still played on the radio or at the parties (and people love to dance to them!). 

Music can really bring back memories :)



Do you remember your former idols? (don't be ashamed! :) )



5 comments:

  1. I am not ashamed that to this day whenever I take a bath I play No Mercy's biggest hits. On the bright side, all the songs are basically remakes of well-known hits from the 70s with a bit of Latin twist, some good old 90s beat and 3 voice-synching guys (whose spanish guitars match perfectly those tons of hairgel that adornes their heads, obviously). If it's cheesy, I am good to go (my choice number two is Kenny G, but this is hardcore, just for the tough nuts).

    Sometimes I find the hits on the radio just a tiny bit obnoxious and I gladly revisit the older hits, like the ones from the 90s and 00s. But take a look at the Polish songs from that period - stars like Varius Manx and Hey and even the pure pop singers like Piasek - those songs were about something. When I hear the ones on the radio now, I have to think intensely to try to understand the lyrics, because I JUST DON'T effin GET THEM. Is there something wrong with me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, Marysia, music has changed a lot! But I can't believe these songs sound so old and nostalgic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started to listen to groups like Varius Manx, Hey, Myslovitz or Wilki thanks to my dad and I agree that their songs have a message, not to mention about nice musical compositions. However, I had to mature a little bit to fully understand and appreciate these lyrics and that's why I became more interested in them not until high school.

    In these post I mention really first hits which I loved to listen to and dance to when I was in primary school :)

    It's really amazing how music taste evolve over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. why it sounds so familiar? ......... ;) Britney, Justin, J.Lo.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's nothing wrong with you Marysia, and if there is, there is with both of us:) I mean now all the songs sound exactly the same, the lyrics are like "shake that ass" or "one, two, three" (quotation of the famous Pitbull) and have the same beat.
    I think the first band I really started to listen to is Marilyn Manson, then Linkin Park. But when I was in the kindergarden, Britney killed the system;p

    ReplyDelete