Monday 26 October 2015

The Good Lie (2014)

Last weekend I watched a really worth seeing film titled “The Good Lie”. This is a story of a group of young people who live in one tribe in Sudan and who lose their parents during the war in 1983. This tragedy force them to move to Kenia where is situated a camp for the refugees. After 13 years they stand a chance of a new life in the USA. However, it turns out that it isn’t as perfect as they imagined. They have to face completely different reality and deal with a huge cultural difference (or rather a chasm). Fortunately, with a help of several good people, they start to overcome all difficulties.

The film grabbed my attention from the start. It’s very moving (in the end I was crying my eyes out) and gives plenty of food for thought. And that’s why I recommend it to you :)




4 comments:

  1. I was looking for a movie to watch tonight, trailer looks great. And after seeing "Wild" I've become a big fan of Reese Witherspoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you liked it:) I haven't watched "Wild" but it seems to be interesting. And I agree, Reese Witherspoon is a great actress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am instantly driven to films which have a cathartic effect on you. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete